A lot of people are not really familiar with the responsibilities of the solicitor. To explain further what exactly they do for clients, then read to find out:
- Client interaction takes up a big chunk of their work. They give sound and legal advise to clients. They also interview the clients regarding the legal battles that they are in. The client interview can be in the form of face to face or via webcam or email correspondences. The interviews that are done by the solicitors are very crucial as from the informations from the interviews will determine if a case can be filed in court or not. For example, in criminal case, the solicitor must be able to extract as much information to find out if the lawyers must file for a bail hearing or file for plea bargain agreement.
- The solicitors will write legal documents or contracts. In the field of commercial law, drafting legal documents take a big chunk of their works. They have to make sure that all clauses are included and well-written and less liabilities as possible. There are also tons of forms that the solicitors must fill up for filing cases and for presentations to the judge.
- The solicitor also have the right to an audience in the lower court. But the solicitor can also do the task of informally negotiating the outcome even before the court hearing. This is referred to as alternative dispute resolution and this is done to prevent taking the case to the court due to the high cost. Thus, is the solicitors can end the legal battle amicably between two parties before taking the legal battle to court hearings, then they do so to avoid further expenses.
- If the solicitors are partners in the law firm, then they still do a lot of paper works. But apart from that, they also work on the marketing side of the law firm. In other words, the solicitors make sure that they get clients. It is their duty to make sure that the law firm is profitable by having new clients and will run smoothly and expand. It is also their duty to keep an eye on the other law firms and monitor all the latest trends.
- The solicitors also do heavy researches as no cases are the same.
If you have a legal battle, hire the services of our solicitors and they will listen with a heart and advice what is best for you.